Okay, for about the last 5 years, about every three months, I would have what I call an "episode". It comes on in the night, and I get a very bad pain in the center of my stomach and feel very nauseous. I don't throw up or anything, but I can't sleep or hardly even move for about 8 hours. Once the pain and nausea is gone my stomach is uneasy and I have no appetite for about two days. Now, I could handle this every three months, but just in the last 5 months it started happening every month, then every two weeks, then every week, then every few days. I felt like an terrible mom because sometimes Stetson would just have to cry because I was so sick that I couldn't take care of him. Plus, I have missed a lot of work and other responsibilities. So, I went to the doctor. He put me on an Anti-acid medication and did a bunch of blood tests. The tests all came back normal, which is good but doesn't solve the problem. The "episode" happened again while I was taking the medication, so that wasn't working either. Then on Monday, I had a CT Scan - very interesting! The worst part about it was that I could not eat or drink anything from midnight Sunday to 2:00 pm Monday when the test was done (I have low blood sugar, so that made me very sick). Anyway, just before the test I had to drink a bunch of berry flavored liquid that was supposed to light up my stomach for the test. Then, they put an IV in my arm and injected some more dye that would make my organs show up on the test - now I know what hot flashes feel like! Definately wierd! I layed on this table and put my arms above my head. The table moved down through the scanning machine, which really wasn't that wide. People told me that if I got clausterphobic that it would freak me out, but I don't, and it didn't - it was actually pretty cool. Thanks so much to my sister Candice for driving me over to the hospital for the test and for tending Stetson while I was getting the test. I was so dizzy from not eating, that it would not have been safe for me to drive! So, I survived the test - - then I had to wait for the results. The good news is that everything was normal. The bad news is that everything was normal - so we still don't know what is wrong. So now I have a choice: more testing (expensive!), or just deal with the problem and try to figure out on my own what is causing it - maybe I am allergic to something, I don't know. I will probably go with the second option. Anyway, I had never had a CT Scan before so it was a new experience for me - kind of crazy.




6 comments:
Oh Amber, that doesn't sound fun at all! I hope you can figure out what the problem is, and get it solved! We will pray for you.
Oh my gosh, Bambie! I didn't know that. I'm so sorry. It sucks when you know something's wrong, but you don't know what it is or how to fix it - been there! I hope something works out and you won't have to be in so much pain. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers. P.S. What is Stetson going to be for Halloween?
UUGGGHH!! I was really hoping that the CT would help them figure things out! Don't get down on yourself- you are a wonderful mom - but still a human (although moms are expected to be more than human!) You are doing everything you can - and that is all you need to do! Cute new background by the way!!
wow, amber, im sorry. how frustrating- if there is anything i can do to help- i know you have a ton of family around, but i would love to help. i hope you can figure things out soon-
Hmmm, kidney stones? probably not though. I've had then twice, but that would be a lot of kidney stones. I hope you get well, and figure things out. Good luck!
Thanks All!
Post a Comment