Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stetson's Birthday Party

Stetson's party was a blast! We invited all of our family- and everyone came! I was so grateful that Andy and Alicia were willing to host the party because there is no way we could have fit 32 people in our house, let alone feed them. We had a very yummy spaghetti dinner and then Stetson opened his presents. Okay, mostly his dad and his cousins opened his presents, but he did help a little. Each of the cousins that wanted to took a turn helping Stetson open a present; I think everyone had a good time. I think the gift that Stetson was the most impressed with was the one from Candice and Josh; they gave him four hard page books. After opening the gift he picked up each book and opened it up to look at it; once one book passed the inspection, he moved on to the next book. It was so cute! He really loves books. There have been several times when he is being really quiet and I think he is getting into trouble so I go to check on him, and I find him in his room looking at books. I hope this continues as he gets older! Stetson's biggest present was a big dump truck that he can ride in. His cousins have one, and he loves to play with it whenever he visits them. So, after the cake and ice cream the cousins took turns giving him rides in the dump truck - around and around the house. I don't think any of them ever got tired of it! I got really brave and made Stetson a cow cake. I have never made a cake like this before, so it was kind of a trial run. I had a lot of fun, and it actually turned out pretty cute. We gave Stetson the head of the cake, and I think it was the highlight of the whole night. Of course he went for the eyes and mouth first since they were made of candy! After sticking his finger in the icing and licking it a few times, he finally tore a piece off and got to the cake - and that was definately his favorite! For awhile he dug the cake out from under the icing, then he just picked up the plate and dumped the whole cake onto the floor! It was so funny! We put the cake back on the plate upside down and then he really got into it. He really didn't eat much cake, he would just grab a handful and throw it - there was cake flying everywhere! He rubbed it on his belly, in his ear, and in his hair. After pushing most of the cake onto the floor, he stood up in the high chair - he was done! Thanks to Suzie for getting some really great photos (the battery died on my camera). I went to give him a bath and they just took the high chair outside and Andy and Alicia's dog Ruby cleaned it right up! I can't believe that it has really been a year since he was born! It has gone by really fast, but looking back I have enjoyed every minute of it! Stetson is such a good little boy. I think he has a gift for making people happy. Whenever he is around, he just brightens up the whole room. I am so grateful that the Lord has trusted us with this beautiful little boy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! Love the photos! He really got into that cake! Which, by the way, was so cute. Good...job!

Kenny and Amber said...

Thanks Carrie!