Monday, November 17, 2008

A long week. . .

Well, it has been awhile since I posted, and a lot has happened, so here is the update:
On Thursday, November 6 I left my baby home with my sister Candice and traveled up to Juab with Jeanna, Kara, Alisha, and Jeannie for Drill Team All-State tryouts. It was a fun trip, and I was grateful I had to leave Stetson home because it would have made for a very long day for all of us! The girls did very well; Jeanna and I were proud of them for working hard and performing as well as they did after having been in the car all day. Alisha made the All-State team - Congratulations!
On Friday, November 7 we preg-tested the cows that have spent the summer on our land out at Tarb (north of Monticello). It was a nice day, and Stetson got to help! He had a great time playing in the dirt, and even got splattered with manure by one of the cows.
On Saturday, November 8 Stetson and I boarded the school bus with the drill team and the pep band and headed to Cedar City for the Semi-final football game against Manti. When we got there, the Kanab/Parowan game was still going, so we stood and watched it. Stetson was so glad to be free after that long bus ride, and he was crawling everywhere, dancing to the pep band music, and playing in the leaves. Well, we lost the game - sad, sad - but what can you say? Manti outplayed us, oh well. Stetson was so good for the entire trip! What a trooper!
And then it started - constipation. I don't know if it was the bus ride, the milk, the real food Stetson has been getting, or what, but he was constipated and miserable Sunday and Monday. By Tuesday morning he was throwing up - poor little guy. I stayed home from work to take care of him. He was doing a little better Wednesday, but still fussy and miserable. Thursday he threw up again - at my sister's house. So I came home from work early. It was strange because he wasn't acting sick, and he seemed very hungry, but once I fed him he would get a tummy ache again and throw up. It happened again Friday night, and again Saturday morning. I didn't know what else to do, so I called my mom. She suggested that I put him on a liquid only diet for a few days so that his stomach could heal. So I tried it, and so far it seems to be working. He did finally have a messy diaper yesterday, and he has been able to keep everything down for two days - Yay (moms are the best!). I am still a little concerned that he might have a problem, so I will probably take him to the doctor to get checked out - better safe than sorry, I say. Anyway, I think we are finally on the mend - but it sure has been a long week!
We love you Stetson!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

If the problem really is constipation...I suggest Miralax. Works wonders.We used it for Logan when we were trying to get him potty trained, and it really did work great. Good luck! I hope everything is alright!

Kenny and Amber said...

Thanks Kerry, we will give it a try.

Andy & Alicia said...

I wish i had some advice to share, but i don't know anything about helping babies get bette. I am happy to hear that he hasn't thrown up for a few days, that's good!

Unknown said...

He's such a stud! I hope he continues to feel better.