Last Tuesday we poured a sidewalk going from our front porch to what will eventually be our round driveway. Now it can snow because I have a sidewalk to shovel - yay!
On Friday we poured our back patio. It took a lot of prep work to get it level, but thanks to Taylor Francom for helping Kenny - they finished just in time.
We decided to put our hand prints in the patio. I thought that it would be way fun for Stetson, but it turned out to be quite the marathon, and he was not impressed! The first time we did it, he bent his pointer finger, making a hole in the cement. We washed his hand a tried again, this time it smeared. We washed his hand again, and this time we didn't get his pinky finger down. So we tried one last time, by this time his hand was freezing cold, and he was screaming as we tried to push his hand into the cold cement - we decided to call it good.
And here is the final product. I didn't know our dog Boots was going to get in on the fun, but Kenny thought she needed her print in there too. I guess now that our names are carved in stone, the house is officially ours.
Thanks so much to Steve Francom, Andy, Taylor, and Steve Black for their help with the cement!



3 comments:
cute! i remember when tay was little and we tried putting her hand in some cement. it was a joke. it took like 10 times to get it right. its still kind of messed up, but we are glad to have it now. they grow way to fast.
Yeah! That's so cool. I want to do that some day. Actually, I just can't wait to be in a house some day instead of an apartment! Cute, cute, cute!
Yeah for cement!! Steps, porch, sidewalk - your living good now. j/k. All your pictures of Stetson in Cedar turned out so cute! He was such a trooper on that trip!
Post a Comment