When Stetson was born Kenny and I started thinking about how we could work it out so that I could stay at home and be a mom. We bought a Semi-truck in hopes that Kenny would be able to make enough money to support the family, and I would be able to stay home. It was decided that I would continue to work for another year, and then we would evaluate our situation. Well, the truck was doing well so when November rolled around and Kenny kept asking me if I had talked to my bosses about quitting - I knew I needed to give them plenty of notice. Well, I had been praying about this decision, and had not really gotten a definate answer. All I could think about was how much I didn't want to quit. Mostly because I love my job, I love the people I work with, and they are so good to me! I know I would never be able to find another job that would allow me to work for 4 hours a day, pay me salary, and give me time off and benefits. Finally I decided that I was just being selfish and that I needed to think of what was best for my family. So, I talked to my boss. It was one of the hardest things I have done in my life. It went okay, but for the rest of the day I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach - I was really scared! What if things didn't work out with the truck, and Kenny couldn't make enough money to pay the bills? What would we do without insurance? What if I had to try to find another job that didn't pay as much and I didn't enjoy? I couldn't sleep all night. Finally I decided that this was the answer that I had been praying for - I needed to keep working. So I aproached them the next day and asked to take back my resignation. I knew it was a long shot, but I had to try! They were kind enough to take me back. You would not believe the feeling of relief I had come over me! I am so grateful that the Lord answers prayers!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Wow, Amber! That's a great example of how prayer works. You know the Lord won't ever give you an answer that makes you feel so awful. I am glad you knew what the right thing to do was! And sometimes, you have to take a step on your own and then the Lord will let you know if it was in the right direction or not! I am glad we got to see you guys over Thanksgiving!
Tough decisions are so hard! Especially if you're as indecisive as me! :) I'm glad you trusted in the Lord and got your answer.
Post a Comment