Sunday, December 7, 2008

My Little Cowboy

Well, it is official, Stetson has learned to ride a horse before he learned to walk! We have had this rocking horse for a long time, and he hasn't showed much interest in it, until recently. He has learned to get on by himself and make it go by himself. It is so funny to watch him hold on with his legs. Sometimes he even puts his feet forward like he is spurring a bucking bronc.He still can't walk by himself, but loves to walk around pushing his bike and walk along the couches and other furniture. Usually you can get him to take a few steps between people once or twice, and then he is done. He just sits down, and when you try to stand him up, he has rubber legs. I think he could do it if he tried. I guess we just have to wait until he is ready. Stubborn little guy!Growing up isn't easy, especially when you are teething. Stetson started to get a runny nose on December 1, by that evening he had a fever, and by the next morning he was throwing up. The poor little guy was so stuffed up, he could hardly breathe, and even when he finally went to sleep he would roll around and moan as if he was in pain. Sure enough, two molars broke through on December 2 - no wonder he was so cranky! The fever went away that evening, but the head cold continued - I think it is going around cuz lots of people are sick!

Even when you are grown up, you have to do things that are hard - like leaving your baby overnight. On December 5 I headed up to Provo with the high school drill team for our first competition at Timpview High. I knew it would be best to leave Stetson home, but I have never left him overnight before. Many thanks to Kenny for taking care of him! I guess Stetson just slept right through the night - no problem, but I woke up like 12 times wondering if he was okay. I think it was good for both of us. Thanks to Alicia for tending Stetson on Saturday while Kenny hauled hay. The drill team did well, and placed second in both Military and Dance. We have a lot of work to do, but I think they did great for their first competition! Go Royals!




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha. You have such a cute baby! I wish I knew about the drill competition, I would have tried to come. O'well, I'm glad they did well. Go Royals!