We had a very Merry, White Christmas this year! It started snowing a couple weeks before Christmas, and just kind of kept coming. Christmas Eve was beautiful! Christmas morning we woke up to about three inches of new snow, and it continued to snow most of the day. Since I am one of those sentimental people who dream of a white Christmas, I figure this Christmas was just perfect! We usually spend Christmas Eve with Kenny's family, but the siblings opted to spend it with our individual families this year with his parents gone to Africa. I was a little disappointed at first, but it turned out to be just as wonderful as ever! Kenny and I had a lot of fun preparing the meal; steak, shrimp, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, rolls, and sparkling grape juice - Yummm! We all got dressed up, lit the candles, and turned out the lights. It was beautiful, and Stetson was very impressed! He was so enthralled by the candles that he was good through the whole meal. Then we sang Christmas songs together and read and watched the Nativity. I am so grateful for the gift of the Savior, and this beautiful season that we have to celebrate Him and His life! Christmas morning we woke up bright and early and talked to Kenny's parents on the web cam. They are doing great and accomplishing a lot over in Africa. Then we opened presents. It was so much fun because Stetson was so excited. I guess he had too many presents though, because he got sick of it after awhile, and just wanted to play with the toys he had already opened. I got exactly what I wanted - a camera and some snow boots - yay!!! Kenny and I made a yummy breakfast and Andy and Alicia came over to visit. After digging the truck out of the snow, I drove over to my parents' house where we talked to Jordan on the phone. It was really great to hear his voice. He is currently serving in Kansas, and said that it has been below freezing most of the time. They don't have snow, they have ice! He sounds really good, and I am sure he is an awesome district leader over there. We opened name gifts with my family and ate chips with 5 layer bean dip and little smokies. Kenny and I have decided to start a new tradition with our little family of going out and giving the horses a treat on Christmas. It was fun, and Stetson enjoyed it a lot more this year than last! We went back to my parents' house for our traditional Christmas Day dinner and a movie. We watched Kung Fu Panda, and Kenny and I made frappe for desert. The next morning Stetson opened his three remaining gifts (he enjoyed it a lot more than if we would have made him open them on Christmas). All in all - it was a great Christmas!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I loved the last picture of him zonked out in his crib. We love him so much! It looks like you guys had a really fun Christmas.
my kids did the same thing last year. it took them all day to open gifts because they just wanted to play with the ones they had already opened. we seriously opened the last present before they went to bed that night. thanks for the oranges, candy, and card. sorry we were not here when you dropped it off. glad you had a good christmas!
Post a Comment