Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving

Okay, I know I am a little late in posting this, but I have been crazy busy and my baby has been sick, so I just haven't gotten around to it. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Kenny's family. All of his siblings and their families were together for Thanksgiving dinner except for his sister Jody and her family, but they came down the next day. The plan was for the guys to work on framing Andy and Alicia's house while the girls prepared the food. We woke up to cloudy skies, and it rained all morning. That didn't stop the guys from working, and when Kenny got home he didn't have a dry spot on his body! My contribution to Thanksgiving dinner was a fruit salad and a veggie tray. Maybe I got a little carried away, but I had a lot of fun - this is how it turned out. . . The most popular things were the black olives and the little pickles, and they were almost gone before we even started dinner! Steve Francom requested the green olives, and what is a Thanksgiving dinner without cheese-stuffed celery? We decided to be creative, so we did some celery with peanut butter, and some with nutela. It is actually pretty good - you should try it sometime!

The food was delicious, and we all stuffed ourselves silly. After dinner we entertained ourselves with arm wrestles and wrestling matches and visiting. Stetson had a great time playing with all his cousins. Then, of course we had delicious pie and ice cream for desert - Yum!

The next two days proved to be a lot nicer, and the guys got a lot done on the house. Alicia was a great host, and fed everyone - even those of us who live in Blanding! Friday night my brother J.J. was able to go through the temple and receieve his endowments. It was awesome! I am so grateful for the wonderful family that I have, and for their willingness to do what is right. Good luck in all your preparations J.J.!

Every year our Stake has a big youth dance just after Thanksgiving called the Gold & Green Ball. For the last few years they have been putting on a floor show. They invite the families, and each ward learns a different dance that they perform. I think it is a lot of fun, and a great experience for the kids. My ward was assigned to do the Polka, and they asked me to teach it. I always thought that the Polka was a very easy dance, but I guess I was wrong. It was a lot of work, but the kids did great! I was able to stay for the whole floor show, and it was very entertaining!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good Thanksgiving! Good job with the veggie tray! Mmmm...I'm getting hungry...:)