Headed out to the winter range for our Easter Picnic/Branding. We haven't officially graduated Lucy to Stetson's old carseat, but she got to ride in it this day, and she LOVED it! I think it had something to do with being able to see!
Stetson and mommy, just waiting in the truck while dad got some ice at the grocery store. Is that a mischieveous grin or what?
After the calves were all branded, the kids went on an Easter egg hunt. Lucy found this egg on the bumper of uncle James' truck (with the help of mom, of course). The other kids were all worried about who found the most eggs, but not Lucy, she was happy with one.
With the help of Laikyn Palmer, Stetson found 17 eggs (that was the limit per kid). I didn't take him long to figure out that they were all filled with candy. Thanks so much to Candice and Stormy for helping out with the egg hunt!
So, this is not a very good picture, but I guess there was something wrong with my camera because the other pictures I took didn't take. Anyway, the Easter Bunny left a trail of eggs from the kids' beds to their Easter baskets. Lucy was a little young to actually "follow" the trail, but she did have fun playing with the eggs. Stetson was all concerned that someone had left eggs all over the floor (he is his mother's child), but as soon as he saw the baskets, he was super excited!
There was a little timeline with pictures in the Friend showing the last week of Christ's life and telling about it. I went through this with Stetson, thinking he probably wouldn't remember a word of it. But he was able to tell his dad the whole story! And, he has talked about it several time since. One day we were driving in the car, and he said "mom, I am so glad Jesus came back to life so we can come back to life too." The gospel really is simple, and I pray that I can have the faith that my children do. Happy Easter to everyone!!!











0 comments:
Post a Comment