Thursday, May 19, 2011

Someone we know just turned 1. . .

MISS LUCY MAE!

Has it really been a year?  I guess so, look at the change in our beautiful baby girl . . .

May 16, 2010



May 16, 2011
 I took the day off work, in hopes that we could take the kids out for a picnic or something fun for Lucy's birthday, but it turned out to be pretty cold and windy and Lucy had a bit of a cold, so we just stayed inside.  We did take the kids to Patio for lunch and ice cream.  Lucy got her own baby cone, and she ate the WHOLE thing!  It was nice to be able to spend the entire day with my birthday girl, and I think the kids both enjoyed having me home.

I wanted to make Lucy a GIANT cupcake for her first birthday.  I realize that it doesn't really look like a cupcake, but I tried.  Plus, Lucy didn't seem to care, and it was going to get destroyed anyway!

From the top

From the side

We also made a bunch of regular cupcakes to share with the family (though they weren't near as fancy as Lucy's).

Yes, she did grab that cupcake right after I snapped the picture!  But, she was very careful, and didn't mess it up at all - that's my girl!

This little chick has her daddy wrapped around her finger!  But that's how it's supposed to be, right?

Birthday flowers from Daddy

Suzie and Steve were kind enough to host Lucy's birthday party - thanks guys!

The birthday girl with all her gifts

 Kenny grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, and everyone brought yummy salads for dinner. I think everyone took too long to eat because Lucy got a little anxious.  Luckily she didn't open anything, just tore off all the bows.


Who needs cake when you can chew on a bow?

I don't think Lucy opened any of her presents by herself, and I know there were a couple she didn't even get to help with.  Stetson was a very good "helper", and made sure that we didn't waste any time getting Lucy's gifts opened.  Lucy didn't seem to mind at all, as long as she got the gifts; lots of dolls and clothes, exactly what little girls want!  Thanks to everyone for the wonderful gifts!

A baby doll from her cousin Aspen


The purpose of this cute hat is to keep the sun off that super fair skin this summer!

And now, the moment we have all been waiting for . . .
DESTRUCTION OF THE BIRTHDAY CAKE!


Is that cute, or what?
At first Lucy just played with the icing, rubbing it all over everything.  Sorry about the chair Suzie!
YAY!!!

She kept trying to stand up, but would often just slip back down due to the icing all over the seat.  After slipping, she would get mad and throw her head back, right into the cake, so the back of her head was covered in icing as well.
"Check this out - I'm making a mess, and it's okay!"

This was the best!  Lucy started using the cake as a drum, then she would flip her hands to try to get the cake and icing off, and it went EVERYWHERE!  So much for the tablecloth we put under the high chair - there was cake and icing flying through the air and landing on the carpet and furniture, as well as on innocent bystanders!  Sorry guys!  Luckily, Suzie wasn't at all mad about the mess, and we were able to get it cleaned up.

This is serious - no more sitting down on the job!

It turns out Lucy didn't eat much of her birthday cake, I guess she would rather wear it.  Just before we hosed her off, we sat her right on top of the cake, she seemed pretty proud of herself!

And there she is, the birthday girl in all her glory, covered from head to toe in icing and cake

Thanks everyone for the food, the gifts, letting us destroy your house, and just for being an awesome family!  Lucy is such a joy to have around, and we are so grateful she is a part of our family.  We love you Lucy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What?? She's one? Crazy! I feel like I just read her birth announcement post a couple months ago. Time does fly. What a cutie!

Andy & Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Lucy! I'm so sorry we missed all of the excitement. She's so cute all covered in icing. It looks like you guys had so much fun.