Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mothers

What a wonderful opportunity to celebrate mothers everywhere!  We had two new mothers down at our barn, one the day before Mother's Day, and one the day after.  I love to just sit and watch these new little ones!  When I took the kids down to see Misty and her baby on Saturday, Stetson pointed to Misty and said, "Mom, that baby is with his grandma."  When I asked where his mommy was, he pointed to one of the other sorrel horses.  I thought it was pretty funny, cuz grandma's usually have grey hair, right?

This is Classy and her baby boy.  He just stood there and posed for his picture, he didn't seem afraid of the kids at all.  I guess Classy can be the mommy since she has brown hair.

Sunday morning I was telling Stetson that it was Mother's Day, and we needed to make some cards for Grandma Grover and Grandma Black.  Of course he was excited about that, especially when I got out the stickers - this kid LOVES stickers!  Kenny walked by and said, "Stetson, did you tell mommy happy mother's day?"  He said, "no, mother's day is for Grandma Grover and Grandma Black, not for mom."  And I have to say I agree with him; maybe someday I will be worthy of that great honor, but for now we will celebrate the two best mothers I know.  I did, however, get to pose for a picture with the two cutest kids I know.  I never knew I could love anyone as much as I love these guys . . . and that is the joy of being a mother!
There is my awesome mother, right in the center of an awesome family.  She is my hero and my best friend.  Thanks mom, for all that you do and all that you are!
And here is my amazing mother-in-law holding little Lucy Mae.  She is an awesome mother and a super fun grandmother!  We love you Grandma Black!
Where would we be without our Mothers?  We wouldn't be!  What an amazing job that doesn't have a quitting time or retirement, you don't get vacation or sick leave.  It is a 24-7 job that doesn't end when your kids leave home.  A BIG job with BIG rewards!  Happy Mother's Day to ALL the awesome moms out there!

0 comments: