Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day














So, while I was gone to competition 'my boys' did some work around the yard! Kenny and Stetson mowed the lawn, tilled the garden spot, and got the yard looking great! Thanks guys - I love you tons! I didn't really need a mother's day gift though, because I am luckiest mom in the world! I am so blessed to have little Stetson in my life, he is such a sweetheart, and makes motherhood a joy! He even made me a super cute flower out of paper at nursery (okay, he probably didn't make it, but it was super cute anyway!). He ended up tearing it into small pieces, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Thanks to modern technology, we were able to talk to Kenny's parents over in Africa, and wish his mom a Happy Mother's Day. She is such an awesome person! We love her tons, and can't wait for her to get home! I love my mom so much, and don't know what I would do without her. She has always been a great example and friend to me, I could never thank her enough. I love you mom - you are the best!













That night we went over to my parents' house where we ate dinner with my family, and talked to my two awesome missionary brothers on the phone. They both sound like they are doing very well, and it was fun to hear their voices. For an update on them, click on the Grover Missionaries link under My Friends in the column on the right.

We also got some very fitting news on this Mother's Day - my sister is expecting! Yay!! This will be their fourth; she is due in November.


Last night for family home evening we started planting our garden. We haven't had a very productive garden since we have lived in this house (almost 5 years), and we are hoping that this year will be different. Stetson helped by getting super dirty, throwing dirt onto the grass, and dumping all of our onions. You've gotta' love him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That picture of you and Stetson is so great!!! I'm glad you had a good mother's day. Love you!

Andy & Alicia said...

I love that picture of you and Stetson. It is so cute, definetly frame worthy! Happy Mother's Day... late. ;)