Anyone who knows me knows that I don't have a green thumb; I think mine is actually black, as everything I try to grow dies. I would really like improve on this little weakness of mine and have a nice yard someday, so if anyone has any tips - I would love to hear them! My flower bed looks good now, I guess we will see what it looks like in a few weeks.
Kenny and I have never had good luck with our gardens, but are determined to have a profitable one this year. We planted a lot of stuff, so hopfully at least some of it lives.
Stetson has been able to spend a lot of time working with his daddy lately, and he has LOVED it! One of the blessings of Kenny's job is that he can take Stetson to work with him if he needs to. One of Stetson's favorite activities is riding on the tractor. Andy and Alicia were kind enough to let us borrow their cute little tractor to do some work in our yard, and Stetson loves it.
Kenny and I have never had good luck with our gardens, but are determined to have a profitable one this year. We planted a lot of stuff, so hopfully at least some of it lives.
We bought 35 trees to plant on our land north of Monticello, mostly just shade trees for the cows; since we are not ready to plant them there, we planted them in pots, and now we have a cute little nursery. If we can keep our dog and our son from digging them up, they might actually grow to be something besides sticks in the mud :)


We bought a new drill for planting alfalfa. This was the first day on the job, and the drill did pretty well. I think Kenny was impressed with his new toy.

The cows have been on the flats, and that means that we have had to haul a lot of water. Luckily, we currently own a semi-truck, and have been able to haul 5,000 gallons at a time (a real bonus when you have to haul water from town). Stetson rides in the front seat of the semi, and helps his dad unload the water.

Last week Bruce and Patty Lyman hosted Farm Days for the kids in the county. Stetson had a blast holding the baby animals; he wanted to hold them right up by his neck, just like he holds his stuffed animals at home.



So, with all these new beginnings, I have a new beginning of my own. After about 3 1/2 years serving as the secretary in the Relief Society, I just got released and put in as the ward chorister and ward music director. I actually almost laughed when they asked me, aparently they have never heard me try to sing. But, I found out that is not a requirement, I also found out that the majority of the congregation has their heads down during the songs, so you don't have to worry about everyone staring at you. I think I am actually going to enjoy this calling!




1 comments:
Stetson looks like such a great helper! I'm so excited for you and your new calling! You'll do great!
Post a Comment